Friday 13 November 2015

Winter Wants



Good afternoon lovely readers, I'm back with a repeat of last years post with my winter wants! I love doing posts like these because they give me a good excuse to have a good old nose around websites looking for fierce party outfits. If you're anything like me, you'll find that around this time of year, your social calendar becomes busier than ever. I personally cannot wait to get my claws into the festivities and wearing the perfect outfit only makes it better.

For me, November and December always make me think of very elaborate and over the top clothes. I'm talking black lace dresses, fur coats, clutch bags adorned with sequins and burgundy on just about everything. It's not often you can go overboard on clothes because you can end up looking out of place, so when I finally get a good excuse to, I need no further motivation to get myself out there. If you want to see this years picks, keep reading!

Black Contrast Snake Print Heels £24.99
Lets start this with a bang shall we? Heels, Heels, Heels. I am an absolute lover of black strappy heels and with the mixed textures on this pair, I figured they were a nice alternative to plain black. Simple black heels and clutches often look best with the outfits I'm about to talk about as you have so much detail elsewhere. I also love New Look for their heels, they aren't very expensive but they are hard wearing and long lasting. Double points!

Closet Black Jacquard skirt Dress £60.00
Okay so I guess this isn't the most elaborate dress to start the clothes off with but I do think it's super cute. Pair this with a voluminous ponytail and a smoky eye and you have an outfit that is on point. I also think dresses like these are great if you're not sure if the dress code is dressy or casual because depending on your surroundings it can morph into either.

AX Paris Silver Abstract Dress £45.00
Now this one is the show stopper which unfortunately doesn't come across well in the photo I've provided (my apologies). I do however recommend you click the link above to see it's full potential as the zoom feature on New Look's website really makes you appreciate it's detail. It is on the higher price range for me at forty five, but the level of detail makes it an investment. Plus, as it's metallic you can be sure that it will be in trend most winters.

Lana Metallic Frame Clutch Bag £29.00
Metallic is really a no brainer and as I mentioned before, this will be something that is always on trend. Clutch bags like this one are better matched to plainer outfits that need a little va va vooom. Team with some cute strappy gold heels and you have the perfect team to knock out the competition.

Black Lace Long Sleeve Crop Top £17.99
Save the best till last and here it is. This crop top is possibly the most beautiful thing to come out of New Look stores.... ever! I'd team it with a plain midi skirt and perhaps a coloured clutch and heel combo bring in some colour and you have yourself a gorgeous outfit. I do believe that a similar top is on the missguided website for twenty two pounds. However, I had a realisation earlier that around seventy five percent of the clothes I buy from Missguided end up being sent back. I'm not sure whether it's me but I feel like the quality is always really poor and a dress that looks gorgeous in pictures comes across cheap in person. Sorry Missguided but we've fallen out!

So what do you think of my little collection? I do, on hindsight, think it needed a little colour injection. I've spotted a lot of burgundy (no surprise there) on the market but also a lot of teal. I think deep rich colours are perfect for the season and make you feel a million bucks. I'm actually awaiting quite a few outfits in the post (naughty Laura is spending again) and I cannot wait to wear them out.

What are your plans for this season? Let me know in the comments below! As always, thank you so much for reading. Lots of love,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...