Thursday 2 April 2015

What does success mean to you?


Hello all, my my it has been a while! My apologies gorgeous readers, if you're still there! Last month I decided to take an unofficial break from blogging. To be quite honest with you lovely readers, I lacked motivation to blog when I felt like I wasn't being fulfilled in life. Since then, I've come to no new epiphany in terms of where I'm going to be this time next year, although I do feel a little step closer. It's brought on an onslaught of questions, all bringing me back to the main point, what is success to me?

Let me start by saying that success is not going to mean the same thing to everyone. For some, it may be having a lot of money to spend and to live luxuriously. That may be the complete opposite to others who feel that success to them is building a big, happy family. For me, I believe it's a combination of the two. I've seen the majority of people in my life be unsatisfied with the jobs they are currently doing. I don't dislike my current job by any means, but I know that it's not one I want to be doing for my whole life, it's just not for me. Success to me is being in a job that makes you happy, and if it makes you a lot of money whilst doing it then added bonus. And that is what I've been focusing on the past month, finding out what that successful job looks like.



Being successful, once you've established what that means, just needs drive and determination to get there. Everything, at one point was thought impossible until someone did it. That is the mindset you need to find yourself in every day. The people around us have a great deal of influence on how much we feel we are able to achieve and so keeping positive people around us is essential. I've often said that you wont regret removing negative toxic people from your life.

Finding out what you want is half of the battle. To do so you must first look at your strengths. What are you good at? Next, what is the thing you love to do each day, paid or unpaid. Is it playing with makeup (I know I do) or designing something on your computer? For at the heart of what makes us tick is our ideal career. So, for me, I'm still figuring it out but I know that once I have, I'll be on the path to making my future a successful one.

I hope you've liked my ramblings, I just felt it was something that is a very current issue, what with so many graduates unemployed or in a job they don't like. I'm at home today with toothache (lame I know) so some possitivity has done me some good. What does success mean to you? Let me know in the comments below!
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...