Saturday 3 January 2015

A Personal Reflection on 2014


Happy New Year! I've been really thinking about 2014 and how everything has changed all in twelve months. It was a big year for me filled with lots of big life changes. Firstly, I graduated from Aberystwyth University in the June and remember feeling so lost and so unsure of what I was going to do in life. The things people never talk about is how hard finding a job can be, and how it can make you feel. Overcoming all those feelings was a huge thing for me and even though I'm still not in my ideal career, I know now that I'm on the right path.

How I feel about myself has also changed. When I started university three years ago I was seriously insecure and unsure of where I fitted in. Now I'm a much more confident, happier person and that is entirely due to me taking a long hard look at myself and the people I decide to surround myself with. No matter how scared you may be, removing toxic people from your life is always a good decision. If those people make a change and apologise for what they have done, there is no reason why they can't come back to you. If not, they gotta stay gone.

Negativity, or perhaps positivity depending on your outlook, aside, I've decided on my new years resolutions. The first is to attempt being vegeterian. I love animals and don't enjoy meat enough to warrant me ignoring the injustice surrounding them. Next, grow my nails. This one has been on the top of my new years resolutions for years and years. Maybe 2015 will be the year for it to actually happen and thirdly, continue to be in a state of self improvement, rather than insecurity. And those my lovely readers, are my new years resolutions. What are yours? Let me know in the comments below! 
Laura.

4 comments:

  1. My New Years resolutions are to get healthier exercise more and focus more on school and my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all of those! Especially the getting healthier one, I'd like to do that too! x

      Delete
  2. Oh, what wonderful resolutions! All the best on achieving them ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...