Tuesday 23 December 2014

What I got for my Birthday


Good morning eveyone, I have work today and thought I would put together this post before my shift. Last Thursday was my 22nd Birthday and I felt so blessed by all the wonderful people in my life and the lovely gifts they showered me with. Definitely feeling the love! I actually had a 7-4pm shift at work that day but got up and got stuck in and as a result, the shift just flew by. I finished my shift and went to my boyfriends house where his family gave me their gifts and even made me a roast dinner because they know I love them. I felt very touched indeed. Not only that, but they came out with a beautiful Frozen cake and sang me happy birthday (Check out my Instagram on the left for a picture!).

Following that, I went home to meet up with my family as they returned from work and opened all their presents. Overall it was an absolutely wonderful day. Plus, I'd booked the weekend off so I went out on the Friday night to celebrate with my friends and was overwhelmed by the amount of people who turned up to celebrate with me! It has certainly been a birthday to remember, especially with all these lovely goodies. Take a look and see what you think, I'm in love!


My sister Emily knows my love of a good selfie and decided to treat me to this selfie stick. I've never owned one before and I think they're hilarious! I'm yet to try it out but when I do I'm sure the results will be fantatic. They make taking photos of a lot of people hugely easier as your arm can reach long enough to get everyone in the shot. Overall, very happy with this little gadget.


Frozen is one of my favourite films (hence the birthday cake) and to continue on with the theme, Ste's family treated me to this adorable little cake set in the theme of Frozen. I may even pick up some blue edible glitter and really go to town on the cakes because they look adorable. 



Again, my love for Frozen knows no bounds. I actually already owned the DVD but lost it somewhere in my house (far too common with me these days!) and so was delighted when my sister Sophie bought me this swanky copy. It's part of the limited edition packs and looks amazing! I also love the film Tangled which my lovely boyfriend bought me a copy of, since I no longer have Netflix, I couldn't watch it and it just broke my heart! Now the two together look the part sat atop my shelf.


I have never been one for going all out on one pair of lashes, usually sticking to Eylure Girls aloud ones. That being said, I kept hearing about House of Lashes products and they peaked my curiosity. So when my dear mother asked me if there was anything I wanted for my birthday, I offered up this suggestion. I'm so glad I did as they are wonderful and really pull together and eye makeup look. I've only worn them once for my birthday but I'm beyond impressed by the quality. They don't come with glue but since I have owned so many eylure ones, I always have some lying about.


I actually bought this kit for my sisters birthday and loved it so much that I nearly kept it for myself. I'm glad I didn't because she loves it. What's more, finding myself unwrapping this from my boyfriend was lovely as it's something he knows I've wanted. I'm not a huge fan of blushers so having a range of colours all in one place is ideal for me. I wont go into much more detail than that as I will be doing a full review soon! Keep your eyes peeled!


Again, Revolution have really caught my interest with their products and this palette was no exception. It has such a good range of colours that I had to try it on my birthday and was super impressed with the results. From what I've seen so far, the colours are very pigmented. Again, I wont say much more as I will be doing a huge review of this at some point and hopefully some eyemakeup looks to go alongside it.


I usually use my Real Techniques blending brush for the crease but lately I've found it doesn't blend quite as well as I would like. When my boyfriend was stuck for ideas, I spotted this little beauty on Amazon for a very reasonable £3. I've actually been blown away by how brilliant this brush is. It's super soft and blends my eyeshadow out flawlessly. Overall I am super impressed with this little beauty!


Okay we all know my love for a good night out and I do tend to drink a little while i'm out. My mom heard of my love for Barefoot Moscato and bought me a bottle of the Pinot Grigio to try and while I did like it, it's a very strong wine. Now as for the Disaronno, I absolutely love the stuff. It is my all time favourite drink as it tastes like Cherry Coke. You can imagine my delight when I not only opened this gorgeous Versace bottle but the monster litre bottle. Very happy girly indeed.


I love to watch anime and draw the characters I like and recently came upon the Letraset Promaker pens. They are amazing quality but a little pricey. My lovely boyfriend (the babe that he is) has treated me to a new set every birthday and always encourages me to draw more. We actually joke about this one unfinished drawing I've done, which I'm pretty proud of, but needs to be completed. Only time will tell if I actually get the courage to complete it!


My boyfriends little sister is more than that to me, she's more like my little sister. You can imagine my surprise when I opened this travel mug that she has personalised. We often goad each other on into being silly so she's put the caption "why be normal when its so much more fun to be weird" and then accompanied it with lots of pictures of us. I actually felt like crying when I saw it because it's such a thoughtful gift and I know she's put time into it. I can't wait to use it!


I've mentioned this perfume many times before but as always, I absolutely adore it and it's always first on my wish list! This big bottle is just what the doctor ordered and I can't wait to wear it out. It's actually been voted number 1 celebrity perfume (don't quote me on that) and I completely agree with it, it's perfect!


I have always loved the videos on youtube where beauty guru's show of their makeup collections and the clever storage they use. In particular, the clear acrylic cases just look professional and I've always wanted one. You can imagine my surprise when I opened this bad boy. It has a section in the front for brushes that can be removed or tilted back so you can store it in a draw. The very next day I put together a beauty draw with this included. It looks fantastic so I will be doing a post on it sometime soon.


My hair is getting pretty long now so when I opened this badboy from my boyfriends nan I was more than curious. I was amazed to find that it actually works. It glides through the hair without snagging or any pulling. It's amazing and I'm kicking myself for not investing in one sooner. Plus with the cute lilac colour it looks great in my new beauty draw,

Overall, I've had an absolutely amazing birthday and feel so blessed with the people I have around me. I've reached a point in my life where, whilst I'm not in my ideal career, every other aspect of my life is literally perfect. I can't wait to get my car and see where life takes me. You're reaching me in a very happy place indeed. Well, thats all from me, I'm off to work and my taxi will be here any minute now. Thanks as always!
Laura. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, everything looks wonderful! Happy belated Birthday. And I love Frozen too, I always feel like I shouldn't love it as much as I do but I can't help myself ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...