Tuesday 16 December 2014

Reasons to LOVE December


Hello all, I'm utilising another post to waffle about all the things I love about December. I love writing these sorts of posts because it makes me appreciate the little things so much more. Plus, I get to look at lots of Christmassy (not a word?) pictures that get me in the spirit! There is no holiday quite like Christmas and December is the time to fill your social calendar. Since changing jobs, I've filled up my weeks by going to the german market, parties and all sorts of fun things. Plus, my wardrobe has never seen so many new incomers. Well, before I waffle any more, on the the post!


1. Dark Nights
No, I don't mean the Batman kind. Many people actually hate how the dark evenings seep in but I actually love it. I love how the Christmas lights are illuminated and sitting in front of the fire is just that little bit cosier.


2. Christmas
Do I really need to say anymore. Christmas is a wonderful time of year, it's recieving lots of presents (yay) but more importantly, giving presents that we know our loved ones will enjoy. What's more, spending quality time with family, which in our hectic lives isn't always as often as we'd like. Plus, it's the perfect excuse to stuff our faces and not give a crap.


3. Snow
Some people see snow as a major inconvenience and in many ways it is but it's oh so fun! I love playing in the snow and making snowmen, I seriously need to grow up. First thing I'm doing is building Olaf (I like warm hugs!) and have a snowfight. If it makes in in time for a a white Christmas, it literally just makes the day 100% more amazing!


4. Sequins, Glitter and Parties
My social calendar is literally rammed full this time of year and I love nothing more than a good excuse to don the glitter. All things fur are also welcome and give us all the more reason to look forwards to the dark nights!


5. Hot Chocolates
I know you don't have to limit hot chocolates to just December but in the winter months it becomes more of an event. Plus, I don't feel half as guilty lamping on the whipped cream and marshmallows which are completely essential in my opinion.


6. Christmas Movies
Christmas movies have so much more to them compared to normal movies (massive statement there) as they just make you feel happy and grateful of what we have. Some of my favourites include Polar Express, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life and most of all Miracle on 34th Street.

So thus concludes another fairly pointless, but very fun, post to write. We all know why we love December, mainly Christmas. I know I'm an adult now that I'm more excited to give presents this year than receive them, what about you guys? Let me know in the comments below!
Laura. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I love December. I'm really excited to give presents. too! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of the best months of the year! xxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...