Monday 24 November 2014

Birmingham German Market


Images: 3-10, 14, 15 mine, 1,2, 11, 12, & 13 from Tumblr. 

Hello all, I am happy to say that I am well and truly in the Christmas spirit. Last night, my sister and I decided on a spontaneous trip to the German Market in Birmingham. For me, It's a "must-visit" destination if your Christmas spirit is yet to make an appearance. We got wrapped up in our warmest clothes, even donning the earmuffs which have yet to make an appearance this month. In fact, part of the fun for me is the dressing warmly to avoid the cold nipping at your fingers! 

As for the German Market itself, Birmingham delivers every year. Last year I tried Apple mulled wine and absolutely hated it which is strange as I generally love 99.9% of alcohol (whoops). This year, we avoided it completely and tried the raspberry cider instead and while it did taste suspiciously like it had been watered down, it was absolutely yummy. Following that, the heavenly scent of Nutella crepes wafted over until till we could resist it no longer. So delicious but so messy! Following that, we ended up eating potato wedges with a garlic sauce which was absolutely gorgeous. As to why we had that after the sweet food I couldn't tell you. 

The stands also sported such cute little goodies. My family tree is already overflowing with decorations and so I had to resist splurging on more cute decorations. I have to be honest, following the raspberry cider, the quality of my photography had nosedived completely. So I have to be honest and tell you I've had to supplement some of my blurry images. I know right, what a lightweight! Overall, despite being freezing, it was lovely evening. After telling the boyfriend about it on the phone, I found out that he has never been. I know, completely unacceptable. So, I will be dragging him along to experience the magic all over again soon.

Have you visited a German market near you? Are you in the festive mood? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...