Sunday 17 August 2014

Wilkinson's, the new stop for beauty?


You can imagine my surprise when I walked into Wilkinson's to buy my usual Shampoo to find a whole new beauty section. Needless to say, I was attracted to it like a Bee to flowers so I buzzed over there right away. Among the various eyelash curlers and assorted goodies, Wilkinsons has brought out what I can only assume is supposed to be a dupe of the Real Tecniques brushes (as shown in my first picture) which on first glance look pretty good. I've had my brushes for a few months and I still stand by them and say to anyone who will listen that they are worth the money. But, when these dupes are just £3 they're worth trying out and after a quick feel, they feel like the real thing too. 

Now as I mentioned, I already own the RT brushes so there was no point me buying the dupes. But, being the makeup lover I am I couldn't walk away without anything, so I picked up this lovely little makeup sponge. I am not too proud to say that I haven't got the first clue about makeup sponges. I've never used one before so it was all very new to me. After watching a few YT vids, I decided to get stuck in.

In my last post, I mentioned my Estee Lauder foundation (which I still adore) and I'm pleased to say that with my foundation, this sponge works a dream! I simply wet it with a little water till it grows in size, squeeze out the excess and then just put a blob (very technical) on the sponge and swipe it all over my face. Its amazing how different a finish you can achieve just by using a brush or a sponge. My RT brush provides an even all over cover but is a heavier application. The sponge gives a very light layer of foundation and once set with powder, I don't feel like I have any on but everything is still covered nicely. The sponge itself feels amazing and is so refreshing to apply makeup in the morning. 

Overall, I am VERY impressed with this little sponge. Is it potentially a dupe of the Beauty Blender? Who knows, and frankly who cares when this one is this good. And it costs a laughable £3. I can guarentee I will be returning to wilkinsons to try out some other goodies soon. Is it the new stop for beauty? Well, you're going to have to go and explore and see for yourself but for me, colour me impressed. Until next time lovelies! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I must definitely go to Wilkinson's and try some of their beauty products!! I have been looking for cheap makeup brushes as I cannot allow myself to splurge on expensive ones, for £3 at wilko.... WOW thanks for this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was a complete shock, Wilko's is well underated! I'm glad I could help and thanks for the support! Much love xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...