Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentines trip to Varsity

lifeandsoulprincess.wordpress.com 
aberpubs.blogspot.com
 

Valentines has been and gone, I'm blinking and missing 2014! I hope you all had an amazing Valentines day, whatever you lovely readers got up to. The boyfriend and I are not usually big Valentines celebrators, we prefer to go full hog on our anniversary instead (4 years this may, woohoo). That being said, when we realized the weekend we were seeing each other fell on V-day, we knew we had to do something!

Aberystwyth has so many great pubs and places to eat so making the decision as to where to go was quite a mission let me tell you. In the end we settled for the Varsity pub as it was close by (useful as the weather was rubbish) and the food is always good. They had a deal on for two meals and a bottle of wine £15.95. In the end, we couldn't resist the rest of the food on the menu and when I heard a bottle of Kopparberg softly calling my name, how could I resist? The hunters chicken I had was literally a taste sensation. If you go to Aberystwyth for no other reason, you will not be wasting your time. Stephen tucked in to a BBQ Bacon & Cheese Burger and though he wouldn't let me take a photograph, he assured me it was quite delicious.

The meal was fantastic and the company even more so, I'm only sorry it's already over! So only a short post from me today as the lovely boyfriend wants me to watch Brooklyn nine-nine, apparently really funny. This post has given me an idea though, before I leave university, I plan to do a full review of all the best places to go in Aberystwyth. Hope you all had a lovely day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...