Friday 17 January 2014

Post Exam Treats






Hello beautiful people! I am in a amazinggg mood because the last of my exam is over! I have been hidden in my room revising non stop and I was having to write blog posts in bits and drabs during revision breaks. How I was feeling before my exam today, well to put it simply I don't wish that feeling on my worst enemy! Anyway, it's over so to treat myself I brought two products I've wanted to purchase for a while. One that I have tried before, one I'm yet to try! I was able to get both as part of Boots buy one get one half price deal, which took the cost of these down from £21.99 to £16.98!

Maxfactor FaceFinity All day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation £11.99
I think that has to be the longest name for a foundation, quite a mouthful! I had never tried Maxfactors foundation range, but knew I had to try this one after a raving review from Jane at Poptarts Beauty (you can read her review here) but beware, you will want to buy it after reading. I have read other reviews and all seem to think quite highly of this product. I am always very nervous when changing foundation as I have been using Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid (In Sand) for around five years now and I've always loved it. However, I thought it was time for a change, I can always stop using it if I hate it anyway, call it a necessary sacrifice for the beauty community!

Maxfactor Masterpiece Max Mascara £9.99
Mascaras are a very personal thing but I often choose mine on recommendations from friends. I have been using Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Mascara with the curved brush, also for around five years. While I do love it, especially the price, it really isn't perfect so I'm trying to find that 'Holy Grail' mascara. My friend Emily recommended this mascara to me and she is the best advertiser of mascaras because hers are absolutely beautiful! One day when they looked particularly fabulous, I asked her what she used and this mascara was the answer. I have tried this before and didn't really give it a proper try, that and my eyelashes were going through an unruly stage, hardly a fair test. It is pretty costly for a student at £9.99, however my justification is that my Miss sporty mascara is £1.99 and I run out five times as quickly, so basically the same price right? Again, review to come soon!

So there you have it, my post exam treats. I understand that two items may not seem like much of a treat to some, but as I've been lusting over these for a while, and they are way more expensive than what I'd usually spend, it certainly feels like one to me. As always, it's been a pleasure.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...