Monday 20 January 2014

Monthly Favourites// December



Good evening lovely reader! I have been seeing beauty favorites of 2013 posts pop up all over my reading list lately, and it made me realize I haven't done a monthly favourites post in a while. I had thought about doing a November favourites post, but near Christmas I don't tend to buy any non-essential items so I don't risk duplicating potential gifts. That being said, looking back at my October favourites, November would have been exactly the same so it's just as well I didn't do one. However, I knew I had to do one for December as I've discovered lots of lovely products! Here are my favourites from December...

MUA Undressed Too Palate £4.00
As soon as I saw that MUA had brought out a second Undressed palate, I knew I had to have it. I first mentioned it in my 'Hair Related Beauty Haul' (You can read it here) and have since tried it and I love it. I has a gorgeous range of colours and the highlighting shade is the best I've used yet for under the brows and in the cupids bow of the eye. I also love how dark the matte back is in this palate as majority of shadows are simply a dark grey. 

Urban Decay Anarchy Face Case
Unfortunately, I can't tell you the price of this little beauty as it was a gift, and what a gift it is! I am absolutely in love with this palate and I find myself reaching for it every day. The pigmentation is, unsurprisingly, beyond any I've ever used which is nothing less than I expect from U.D. The eye shadows are the perfect glittery shadows for dramatic eye looks. There are also two beautiful peach and pink blusher shades and a highlighter for the cheekbones which I have been using instead of the one in my Sleek contouring palate. I haven't worn the lip crayon out yet as it has a high shine finish and I am not overly keen on anything other than matte for red lips. However, the 24-7 eyeliner is one I have used before and love!

Loreal Collection Privee Cheryl's Nude £8.19
I had a full blown love affair with the Eva lipstick from this collection. I'd had my eye on Cheryl's nude ever since. Lucky girl that I am, one of my lovely friends surprised me with it for my birthday and I've been wearing it pretty much every day since. It's a beautiful light pink that looks perfect with dark eyes for a night out.

Mac in Russian Red £15
I already outlined my love for this in my 'First Ever Mac' post (which you can read here) and I am still in love with it, I haven't worn it in the day since January started as I feel it is a little dark for a springtime lip but I am keeping it safe until a night out where Red lips call!

Barry M Lip Liner in Red £3.99
As I have probably mentioned before, I am a perfectionist when trying to get the perfect lipstick finish. With red I think this can be difficult to achieve so I purchased this lip liner. It is a little drying, however, for the cost and how perfectly it matches my Mac, I really can't complain.

So what do you think of my December favourites? Are you in love with any of these products too or are there some you would recommend I try, I always look forwards to hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...