Friday 10 January 2014

Lust List// The Everyday Bag

 
 
Top Image: Google, Edited: By me


1. New Look, £12.00
2. H&M, £24.99
3. New Look £24.99
4. New Look, £19.99
5. Matalan, £20.00

Evening Beauties! If you've seen the beautiful bag I received off my sister Sophia this Christmas (As seen in my post here) you may be wondering why I even want another bag. The reason being that the  Miss selfridge bag is quite easily the most expensive bag i've ever owned. That and the fact it was a gift means that I don't want it to succumb to the daily wear and tear everyday bags seem to get. I absolutely adoree it so I'm only going to use it for evenings out or special occasions. I had intended to bring it to university with me but in typical style I'd completely over packed for my train journey and didn't want to ruin it trying to squish it into an overflowing suitcase. I don't think I've ever liked a bag so much, so thankyou Sophia!

For me, I like to have one go to everyday bag so, it has to meet the following requirements; be relatively large, neutral colours, have sufficient compartments and be reasonably priced. Quite a big checklist don't you think, who knew buying a bag was so technical! I don't need to point out that us girls (and the occasional boy) usually prefer a bag that can actually hold all of the things you need, rather than a superficial tiny one. At uni I'm constantly carrying folders and the like around so size is really important (oops!). As for colour, a neutral bag goes with everything in my wardrobe and as I obsessively match my outfits, it only makes sense to do so with said bag. Compartments are really just handy so you're not rooting around in it forever, and as I'm a student it needs to be affordable.

1. New Look, £12.00
This bag was £44.99 which is just too much for me, however it's gone in the sale! So if you like it, I would snap it up sharpish! It is a lovely beige colour and seems to be a decent size so worth checking out for an everyday bag.

2. H&M, £24.99
I don't usually go for black bags, but this one is so smart and the quality looks amazing! It's also slightly different from the many clones out in other stores  by the horizontal zip detail on the sides. Completely useless of course, but it looks good nonetheless.

3. New Look £24.99
 I think of all the bags, this one is my favourite. We are nearing spring now (although you can't tell at all from the weather) and the cute coral is just the pop of colour a plain pastel outfit needs. There isn't much I don't like about this bag and most likely the one I'll end up going for if I don't see anything else that tickles my fancy.

4. New Look, £19.99
I love love love the colour of this bag. The mix of nudes is, in my opinion, spring in bag form (I'm a looser!). The only issue I have with this bag is the teeny tiny handles, you can't really wear it on your shoulders when you have a big coat on. The model on the website has it worn as an across body bag, but it's designed like a shoulder bag, what's going on?! If the handles were longer, I would probably have brought it already so take note New Look! 
5. Matalan, £20.00
I first saw this bag on the lovely Kayleigh Johnson over at Couture Girl and thought how lovely it was. I actually saw this bag in store today and I get what Kayleigh means, it is massive! For me, it's just too big (so many innuendos, my apologies!) but it may be ideal for those with a preference for the bigger bags. 

So as usual, I've managed to take a really simple concept and turn it into an essay. For now, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect everyday bag but no doubt you will be informed when I find one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...