Monday 25 November 2013

Review// Loreal Studio Silk&Gloss Hot Straight Cream

 

Hello all! So once again it's review time! This time around it's one of my all time favorite products, the Loreal Studio Silk & Gloss hot straight cream. I first heard about it back when I was in college (yes, I have used it for that long!) from one of my friends. Her hair always was in such lovely condition so when she suggested I try it, I decided to grab a bottle. It is designed to protect hair from heated hair styling products while maintaining healthy condition. For once, I can say that a product does what it says on the tin.

You can apply this to your hair wet or dry before styling. For me personally, I prefer to put it in while my hair is damp and then hair dry it straight. I do section by section and then comb through and I've found this makes your hair super soft and silky. As for putting in the product dry, I don't do it too often but I would say it can make the hair feel a little greasy so I tend not to. As for how well it protects the hair, during periods when I was straightening my hair everyday, a hairdresser commented on how good the condition was and was amazed that I had used GHD's on it everyday. So I would go as far to say that the protection you get from it is rather good.

A big plus, but not necessarily an essential quality, is the smell. Some heat protect products I've used in the past have not smelt all that nice, if anything a really chemical smell. With this, it literally smells amazing and the smell stays in your hair. Having nice scented locks is just another perk that makes me feel feminine. As for price, from bodycare it's just £2.99 and it lasts ages. Other than how it works on dry hair, which isn't bad, the product is flawless. I haven't even bothered looking at other heat protect products for straightening as I can't see another highstreet product beating it. 

My last comment is that because this works so well at keeping your hair straight, you can't curl your hair with it in. They look amazing but fall out within an hour because the hair is just too silky. That doesn't bother me too much as I don't often curl pre-straightened hair because I don't really see the point. There's always heat protect products that I use especially for curled hair anyway. Well that's it for me blabbering on. I hope you've enjoyed reading.

Lots of love,
Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...