Saturday 2 November 2013

OOTN / MOTN// Halloween as Little Red Riding Hood

 
 
 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm currently snuggled up in my armchair hibernating from the horrible wind outside. So I thought, what better time to do my first ever outfit of the night (OOTN) and makeup of the night (MOTN) post. I absolutely LOVE to dress up and Halloween provides the perfect excuse. I'd been thinking about what to dress up as for quite a while and had been scrolling through lots of blog posts getting ideas. Then I saw a post (here) talking about little red riding hood and I knew I had to do it.This costume was actually being sold by a lot of sellers on Ebay for £25.00 and then one lovely seller put this dress on for just £8.00 so I snapped it up. I also purchased some over the knee white socks to give a girly look to the costume. They also kept me warm as it is getting colder and they were the warmer alternative to braving bare legs!

Me and my university flatmates  went out to clubs dressed as Goku (A Character from dragonball Z shown in the photo above), two zombies (one in the photo above), a gothic doll, a man with half a face and then myself as little red riding hood. We made quite the sight. Some people's costumes were incredible, one girl had used what I assume was liquid latex and painted a zip ripping open her skin.I actually love seeing everyone's ideas and that people have made an effort.


 Makeup: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid, 2 True False Eyelashes, MUA Undressed eyeshadow palate (Shades 1,3,5 and 11), Miss Sporty Studio Lash liquid eyeliner and Miss Sporty Red Lipstick shade Dream 055.

I wanted my eye makeup to be reasonably simple because I think this costume was all about red lips. I had shade one of the Undressed eyeshadow palate on the insides of my eyes, Shade 3 lining my lid crease and shade 5 darkening the outermost corner of my eyes. Shade 11 was used to line my eyelash line so that the eyeliner didn't have a harsh line. Overall, I really liked it! I can't wait until next time I can dress up again so I have a project to be getting involved in. 

Hope you liked my costume. Did you dress up for Halloween? If so post your costumes in the comments below, I love hearing about them!
Lots of love,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...