Saturday 19 October 2013

Hair// Making a Change


“A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” ― Coco Chanel

Every now and then us women get bored of how we look and want to change things up a bit. Unless you live in Beverly Hills and surgery is an option (not one I'd go for but hey), hair is what most girls turn to for a change. I am at a point where I have been dying my hair brown for three years now and I'm debating going back to my natural colour. 

I am no stranger to hair extensions, fake tan and false nails for a night out. I love getting all dolled up, but I am wondering whether it is time to go back to my old hair colour, the real me. So I've created this post just to discuss options and generally bore most people so apologies. The hair collage above is one I created (using images off google images, I do not own) to include all the women I class as icons, obviously there are more but these were the ones who have fantastic hair. 

My mother is a very glamorous woman, she used to participate in beauty and dance competitions (most of which she would win but be too modest to admit) and was always someone I saw as beautiful. To me, I always thought of darker haired women as really feminine and womanly. When I moved to university, I found myself changing and growing and I found myself needing this change, almost as a symbolic gesture of me growing up. 

So as far as the colour I am now, I would say I am Miranda Blooms hair colour in the image above, not a dark brown but not blonde either. It has been very dark in the past but I always go a little lighter for winter as I ease up on the fake tan. You can see what my hair looks like in the about me section to the right, though I have got hair extensions in, it's more for thickness as my hair is pretty long anyway. As for the colour I want to go, my natural colour is a mixture between Alessandra Ambrosio and the gorgeous Rosie Huntington-whiteley. I think it's a really natural looking shade that you can glam up or glam down. My father always says a woman can't beat her natural hair colour.

The main reason I haven't gone back before now is that firstly, I had some foxy locks hair extensions (which can be found here) in Chocolate Brown #4 and I hadn't had them long. Now I've had them around a year I feel they have had decent wear. I will keep them so if I do decide to go back, it's a case of picking up superdrugs own dye that matches (found here) and dying it back. As for getting it lighter, I have only used semi-permanent to dye it so Superdrugs colour B4 (found here) will hopefully remove it. As for new hair extensions, my 21st and Christmas are coming up so I will ask for Sunkissed Brown #8 and hopefully that will match. 

One of my reservations about going back is that I won't look or feel as nice as I do now. I think the only way to resolve this is to just go ahead and do it and find out. The other factor that is making me reluctant is actually makeup. I absolutely adore makeup, if you can't tell already! I love trying out new looks and shades of lipstick. My fear is that lighter hair tends to limit the makeup you can use. I feel that some looks I've been doing with brown hair will look too made up with blonde. 

As of yet I am undecided and I think if I do change back, it wont be until new years. The quote by Coco Chanel perfectly sums up how important hair is to a girl. Perhaps I will go blonde, if I do you will be flooded with yet more pictures and another essay no doubt.

Thanks as always for reading and please let me know what you think I should do, I need help deciding!
Much love,
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...