Saturday 3 August 2013

YouTube// Ones to Watch

I believe that at least 80% of the things i've learned about makeup have come from watching YouTube tutorials. Many a time have a seen some gorgeous celeb sporting a new look and you can always trust YouTube to provide you with the tutorial to recreate it. If you haven't taken full advantage of this tool at your fingertips, start doing so now. To help you along, I have chosen three of my favourite YouTube personalities that I think you'll like.  I'm thinking of maybe doing a 'Ones to Watch' post once a month showing different YouTube personalities, so keep an eye out.

Lauren Curtis 



This girl is simply fantastic. From wedding and prom to everyday, every makeup look is fantastic. She does use high end makeup products which if (like me) you can't afford, you can buy cheaper versions to recreate the look. The image above is from her 'Bridal makeup tutorial' which I strongly recommend you watch if you want to recreate this gorgeous makeup look. Here's short list of some of my favourite tutorials.

Prom Makeup Tutorial
Get Ready with Me: Casual
Red Mahogany Smokey Eye Tutorial
In-Depth Makeup Tutorial for Pale Skin


Chloe Morello

 
Chloe Morello is one of my all time favourite YouTube personalities (not sure what else to call them?) I have relied on her makeup tutorials a lot in the past. In fact I was going for a day out with the boyfriends parents and couldn't decide how to do my makeup. Actually, I was having a bit of a meltdown then to my rescue Chloe Morello had a tutorial for just that (last video in the list). As it turned out, my 'mother in law' (just kidding, not engaged) actually complimented my makeup, nice one Chlo! I really had trouble choosing just a few of her tutorials but here's my all time favourite three. 

Adrianna Lima's Victoria Secret Angel Makeup
Simple Yet Elegant Makeup Look
Natural & Glowing 10 Minute Makeup Tutorial

Lauren Luke


 Lauren Luke is the goddess of the tutorial world. I'd go as far to say that she was one of the first. After doing hundreds of videos she now has her own makeup and brush collections. All which have a specific makeup tutorial to show you how versatile they are. I intend to get one (not long until Christmas!) Plus, she has the longest eyelashes i've ever seen! Just look at the thumbnails of some of her videos and you will think they're fake. 

Leona Lewis Bleeding Love Inspired Tutorial
Rihanna & Angelina Jolie Cat Eyeliner Eye Makeup Tutorial
Sweet & Innocent Bridal/Wedding makeup Look

Well I hope you take my advice and check out the YouTube channels of all these lovely ladies. You will not regret it I promise.

Love,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...