Thursday 1 August 2013

Review// Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse

Hello all, I hope you're all well! I'm sure unless you've been living under a rock (or maybe you're just not a makeup addict like myself) you've probably heard of Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse. There have been countless adverts of (rather gorgeous) models flaunting flawless, air brushed faces. So, I thought it was only fitting that I contribute to the full pot of reviews for this product.


The first thing you may notice about this product is the packaging and how, unlike other foundations, it comes in a glass bottomed pot. The design is sleek and really quite good looking. However do be careful with it, as I dropped it and cracked the entire tub in two (it was almost impressive actually.) This meant i couldn't use it for risk of rubbing glass shards around my face. Anyhow, most people aren't as clumsy as I am so probably won't have this problem.



The mouse comes in a huge range of colours to suit every different complexion. As i'm naturally quite pale, the shade i chose was Natural Ivory. Most girls with pale skin will tell you how difficult it is to find a perfect pale shade. Some have unflattering pinky or yellow undertones so it's hard to find a good match. I must say, the Ivory was a really nice shade. Maybelline describe this finish as air-soft and a matte-perfect finish and it keeps true to their word. My only comment is that it can look a little powdery if you use too much. I also found that it did not cover spots as well as i'd have liked and left redness visible. Though, this could easily be fixed with concealer.


I have naturally quite dry skin with an oily T zone and found that this product was quite drying, despite moisturising nightly. For use on the T zone i think it's perfect as it is a long lasting product, but i would not recommend for use all over on dry skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, i think this product would be perfect for you. I still use this on my T zone every now and then with my Dream Satin Liquid Foundation (I will do a review shortly) everywhere else and it looks great.

Apologies for the (lack of) photos. I currently own a DSLR professional camera but i've left it in my university room (doh!) However, when i get it back i will include a before and after shot on all reviews I do as I think it's much better to see how it looks on the skin, rather than just swatches.

Hope this review was helpful and as always thanks for reading.
 Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...